Monday, September 14, 2015

September 7, 2015

Hi Kimbo how is Cancun treatin ya?? I would be super down to go down there as a family! Especially being able to speak Spanish now, it would be a lot of fun for Tyler and I being able to communicate with the people down there! What are you guys planning on doing down there?? Hey if you can find agua de sandilla, Pronounced- (agua day Sand-iya) you have to try it, it is a drink that a lot of Mexicans make here and I love it!! In English it translates to water of watermelon but it is super good!! But yeah I think we should do something like that right when I get home:) Well tell Daddy happy birthday for me here in a couple days! Man you guys are getting old!! Sounds like it should be a fun get a way for just you two! You guys probably flew directly over the top of me yesterday, being that Brownsville is over on the coast and Cancun is just straight below me just a long ways away. Things here in Brownsville are still going great!! This last week our zone hit a record we are pretty sure for bringing the most investigators to church in a single week. As a zone we had 31 investigators come to church which was super awesome!! We are looking to baptize so many people in the month of September and it is just tons of fun seeing how happy and pumped all of our missionaries are in the zone! We have seen a bunch of missionaries change so much and it has been so cool to see them change and want to be better. And as they have done that, they have all seen so much success in their own areas. The meetings were great in McAllen, each night I got to work back in my old area since we had to stay there for a few days and it was a lot of fun getting to go back and visit a lot of people that I used to visit. I visited a family that I was teaching while I was there and the missionaries had stopped teaching them, but I stopped by with them on Wednesday night and I committed all of them to be baptized on the 13th, which is this Sunday!! It was a super good lesson and it was super cool to see them and see how much they have changed since the first time I met them. The family just consists of a dad and 4 kids, the mom was killed in a hit and run accident two months ago. So it is a pretty sad situation but it is super cool to see how much just having the knowledge of the plan of salvation can help someone. I also got to visit another family that I worked with a lot that was just a family that wasn't very strong in the church. He went to Iraq for 5 years and just lost his faith completely then when he returned a couple years ago some missionaries found him and helped him and his wife and 4 kids come back to church, but when I visited them this last week I set a date for them to get sealed in the temple together which was super awesome!! They are going to be getting sealed at the end of October and they were super pumped! My companion and I are having a lot of fun together, he actually served in Guatemala for a full year then went back home for some personal reasons, and he had to stay at home for 2 years then he was able to come back out and they sent him down here to McAllen and he finishes in December. He is a super great kid and we have been having tons of fun together. Things are still going great here on the mission, one thing that I have learned for sure is that God is easy to please, but impossible to satisfy. Just knowing that has given me so much drive to just go and do all I can during these two years that I have down here. This next week is the last week of another transfer.. I cant believe how fast each transfer keeps flying by, but I am just going to make the most of each one! I hope you have a fun week down in Cancun!! You have to send me tons of pictures when you guys get back!! I love you!
Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment