Saturday, September 26, 2015

September 26, 2015

 I got to take one of my very best friends and drop him off at the airport this last week because he came to the end of his mission, Elder Worley.


Hi Kimbo, how are you doing?? That is awful what Quik Check did to Granny, pretty low blow and not very respectful. I hope she is doing alright, she told me she is just going to be retired then? Or what is her plan?? What is she going to do all day now?? I saw the pics of the big kill!! I haven’t heard anything from them about the deer, but I know they weren’t planning on me emailing today, but I will be emailing on either Saturday or Mondays now, I don’t know which or how often, so it will be kinda random, but it will be Saturday or Mondays from now on and the rest of my mission! 
So this last week has been a crazy one.. So on Monday afternoon I got the call from President to be AP and on Tuesday morning I had to get to McAllen bright and early, but Monday night we were busy visiting a bunch of people I wanted to say goodbye to, so we got home about 9:30 and I started packing and doing laundry and what not then I finally got in bed about 3am. We got up at 4am to run over to the church real quick then I got showered and I had to be up to McAllen early to have a meeting with president and my new Comp, Elder Cruz. We then had the Transfers meeting at 9am and it ends usually by 10:30 and we start sending people up to their new area with their new comps, and I had to load everyone up in the big Transfer van that pulls a big trailer to put all the luggage in and we took off to Corpus. It was a 3 hour drive up, and I picked up a missionary up there to bring down and it was 3 more hours to come back down and I was running on 1 hour of sleep so it was a tough drive but I made it! Then we had a meeting with all the missionaries that were going home right when I got back to town, then we took them to Presidents house where they have their last supper. After that all the missionaries that are going home have an FHE with Pres and Sis Maluenda and us as the APs we get to go to all of that and they have a little going home party then we headed home at about 11. Then next morning we had to get up super early to take them all to the airport. Then these last 3 days I have been to the airport 3 more times picking up and dropping off missionaries and I don’t think I have gotten to bed before 11 yet, and we have not slept past 5:15 yet either but things here are going great!! I have never been so busy in my life, and this will be what I do for the next 3 transfers! I have never been so exhausted but at the same time it is a lot of fun! We have made a bunch of changes to the mission, like combining and splitting zones so we have been super busy with just random things, but at the same time we have a few people we are baptizing tomorrow in our area so we are trying to keep up with them, but we have had time to only visit them once this week and all we did was just commit them to be baptized this Sunday and that is all we had time to do and they are going to get baptized tomorrow so that should be fun! Tomorrow we will also be driving up past Corpus to take some missionaries up there and possibly Laredo so I imagine we will be on the road all day tomorrow! We very rarely work in our area, when we are in town at the most we get like a couple hours a day to work in our area but we will be on the road traveling a lot of the time. I think there is only one week this whole transfer where we will stay in McAllen, in a couple weeks we will be spending 2 days in Corpus then 2 days in Sinton back to back so that week is already gone but it is a lot of fun! I am just trying to get used to it all right now!! I am super pumped for these last 4 ½  months to be able to work so closely with Pres and Sis Maluenda and be able to travel the mission a whole bunch! So in the mission there are just 2 houses that missionaries stay in, like there aren’t members there but where they actually have the whole house to themselves and that is the house in Brownsville where I just was and the AP house. So I have been spoiled, I have gotten to stay in both the houses and I will finish my mission in this one! I don’t know the address, so just send everything here to the mission office because I am in here every day now. My new comp is Elder Cruz, he goes home next transfer and he is from Washington state. He is a super good kid and a hard worker and I am excited to be with him. As an AP our purpose is to lead and guide all of the Zone leaders in the mission, to keep all their missionaries in check, we have about 200 missionaries we are in charge of. We get tons of calls from Pres to just go and do random things, or pick peeps up from the airport, or do whatever it is pres needs us to. We don’t work in our area hardly at all and we just work with all the other missionaries that are leaders in the mission to help them become better leaders and help them to better help those in their stewardship. I got your cookies and shirts, thanks so much Mommy!! Those cookies were gone the second they got in the door! What is new up there in SF?? Was Dad excited about the deer? How is baby Brockles doing?? Does Ty have a girlfriend yet? I hope you have a great week Mommy, I love you!!
Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment