Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July 6, 2015



Hi Mommy, sounds like a crazy weekend!! I am sure Granny loved going and seeing her family, and you guys got a dog??? Is this dog going to be able to hunt?? I heard that labradoodles are really good hunting dogs. Like for real tho, I am not just joking around!! I am not so sure about the name Izzie... What other names did you have in mind? Does she have a good personality?? She looks like a big puppy! I love puppies so much!!!! And I haven’t seen a clean dog since I have been here on the mission. But sounds like a fun/tiring weekend! How is Dad doing?? I am sure he will love the puppy, whether he says it or not. Is the pup playful?? Hey you got after me for taking the car, which means you have to get after Brockles too!! Just because he is the baby doesn’t mean he should is special! I am going to whip him into shape once I get home:) haha That is funny though that he did that, I can’t believe he is starting drivers ed.. Time just won’t slow down!! This last week I got my new companion, his name is Elder Jones and he is from Virginia. He has been out on the mission for a long time and will be going home in just 2 months. He has 2 transfers left, so I imagine I will be leaving this next transfer at the start of August because I have been here in McAllen for like 8 months now which is an eternity in an area! By the end of this transfer I will have been here for 9 months!! My companion is pretty cool, he is definitely trying my patience but we are getting along for the most part. I have been crazy busy this last week because he is a new zone leader and doesn’t know what to do and once I tell him what to do he just doesn’t seem to get it done a lot of the time so I am staying plenty busy. I hope he starts to get the hang of things quicker so that I can give him a little more to do with the zone so that I don’t end up blowing up here trying to get everything done but everything will work out fine. This last week on Sunday we had 4 missionaries that were going home staying with us because they have to have an interview and do some other stuff and since we are the only ones close to the office other than the APs, we have to split all the people with the APs. So we had those 4 with us Sunday, Mon, and Tues, then Monday we also had 5 greenies (new missionaries) staying with us too and we also got 2 more dead people so on Monday night we had like 13 people in our apartment!! And I was the only one that either wasn’t going home or not a new missionary so I had to do everything because they people going home don’t care, they just talk about their finding a wife plans and the greenies have no idea what the heck is going on. So Tuesday and Wednesday was absolutely insane getting everybody to their areas and sending the other missionaries home, but I finally got it all done and got to take a big deep breath for like 5 minutes, then I got my new companion:) haha so things have been crazy here but they are starting to slow down a little bit. Tomorrow we have interviews with President Maluenda, so I am super excited for those. We have an interview with him every 3 months and he is just crazy, I don’t doubt him being an apostle one day. So interviews are super cool and I love them a lot. So yesterday before church we had a meeting with the bishop and a few other leaders in the ward at 8:30, and my comp is so slow when it is time to go out the door, he also doesn’t have driving privileges so I drive every day, meaning he is always in charge of having the phone. So yesterday morning I told him we will leave at 8:10, I just sat at the door waiting for him till 8:25 then he came running out and we jumped in the truck and I flew because I hate being late to any meeting at all, we also had to stop and pick up something from some of the sister missionaries in our zone on our way, that is why I wanted to leave 20 min early, so we went and picked up the stuff from the sisters then he asks me, hey did you grab the phone? And I just looked at him and said, please don’t tell me you forgot the phone... So I ended up just hammering on the gas to get back to our apartment to pick up the phone that he had left on his desk and we flew back to the church. We run into the church and the room where the meeting was supposed to me is empty. He then pulls the phone out of his pocket and we had 3 messages telling us that the meeting had be cancelled, and to make it better, we got those messages 2 hrs earlier... and he just forgot to look at the messages we had received... So it was relaxing finding out that the meeting we were running late to was cancelled but let’s just say that was about the closest I have been to kill a missionary in my life. I just kinda laughed and I just didn’t really want to talk to him for a while, but we went into a room and let’s just say we had a little chat, well I had a chat as he sat there. So yesterday morning was pretty crazy!! haha But I am now calm again and things are going alright! This last week was just full of meetings and crazy stuff so it just flew by but things are going well in our area and we should have a few baptisms here in a couple weeks so that is exciting! But I hope everything is going great with the puppy!! I am super jealous you have a little puppy to play with right now!! I hope you have a great week Mommy! I love you!

Love, To oso

https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment