Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 22, 2014


Hey Kimbo, How are you doing?? How is everything going up there in SF? Jeez looks like Ty and this chick are getting kinda serious!! haha That is good that her family likes to hunt. :) I can’t believe that baby Brockles is wearing my number out on the field, I have so many memories and so many games from that field and that jersey. I have missed baseball quite a bit here on the mission and I think I am going to try to play somewhere when I get home. I might have to use my home card a time or two more this month because at that Dollar General things like milk and what not is super expensive and that is the only place we have to shop down there in Zapata. But thanks so mucho for keeping an eye on that for me!! I am glad you guys got that package, there wasn't anything to special in it but there is a cool little store down here that a guy has ran for like 50 years and he had some pretty cool stuff in it and that’s where I got some of the stuff, the calendar I got when I was down in Mexico though. The Tuachan sounds like it was a lot of fun! You know how much I love plays and all so shoot thanks for going without me ;) Sounds like St George was pretty calm but pretty fun though!  Yeah Brooke has been really good about writing me and it’s always good to hear from her. Things here are going good in this little town! We met a super cool family this week and the dad of the family is a smart guy and asked us about the priesthood and really wants it for his family he told us! They are super cool and they are what Zapata needs down here! We had like 20 people in church this last week, and that is like the most Zapata has had since missionaries have been here which is super exciting! We also had a baptism this last Thursday! We have been working with a less active family and they have come back to church and they had an 8 year old boy that we baptized. His family is so cool, but the dad of the family got deported a few years ago and that's when they stopped going to church. There are 5 kids in the family and when we pull up on our bikes they always yell "The Mormons are here!!" and come out and give us a hug! They are all under 15 but there are two little girls one is 4 the other 10 and they are the cutest little girls and just hug us all the time which is hard because we can’t really hug them back as missionaries!! But they are a fun family that is coming back to church! I have some awesome pics of the baptism in the lake from Thursday but this computer that I am using today I can’t send pics from it so I will send them next week, they asked me to do the baptism but I asked them if my comp could do it because he hasn't baptized anyone yet so he did it and I have some really cool pics of it all because the baptism was right at sunset in the lake! I will send the pics next week if I can. Other than that there isn't a whole lot new down in this little ghetto town! I hope everything is going great for you Kimbo!! I love hearing from you and love reading and hearing what you are up to!! I love you mommy!
Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment