Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 4, 2014

Hi Kimbo!
Well I am down here in the very tip of Texas now!! I am in a place called Brownsville, and our area goes right to the border! My comp is Elder Curtis, he is an alright kid and we have been getting along okay.  With the cards I am not sure if I will ever get them because they decided Monday right after I got done emailing to take all the missionaries out of La Joya so there isn't anyone at that apartment anymore. They took us all out because of the crazy bishop, but that couple we married on Saturday and that were going to get baptized Sunday but bishop stopped the baptism, we were able to baptize  Monday night before we left the area:) They were a super cool family and I will send you pics of them. I should also be baptizing again this next Sunday, there was a girl that was going to be baptized a couple weeks ago here but then backed out so I talked to her on Wednesday after I got here and now she is going to be baptized on Sunday:) She is a 15 yr old girl and her mom came to church yesterday too and we taught a lesson about temples and she wants to get married in a temple one day now so we explained well you have to be baptized first! On sundays we got to a small English ward at 9 then after that we go to our Spanish branch. It is super tiny and the branch building doesn't even look like it would be somewhere where the church meets, it is kinda cool to have such a small branch. Everything is going good here, how is everything at home? No I don't have time for a dentist visit here on the mission, soo shoot sorry kimbo:) but really I wont be able to go to the dentist I am pretty sure during the mission, I haven't ever heard of anyone going to the dentist. Well I hope you have a great week Kimbo, I love you!
Love, Elder Johnson

 This is where we live, right on the border!
 We had a wedding then a baptism with this awesome family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment