Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 11, 2104

How is everything going? Well to start with the letter thing from Brooke... I have no idea what the heck that was? I know there is an Elder Pedersen but I have never met him. He is living with my last comp from what I hear so he must have gotten the address off of the letter that she sent when I left and my last comp had seen a pic of her so that is probably why he said he knew what she looked like or something? I haven't ever met the kid though and from what I hear he is a weirdo and always does this kind of stuff. I guess he has gotten elders girlfriends email from letters in the mail and will try to start writing them without his comp even knowing? Weird dude.. Anyways the deck looks awesome! And something else that caught my eye in those pictures is a big bath tub under the patio? I am sure Brockles is excited for this party he is going to have? Hopefully he doesn't get caught making out on the side of the house again! hahaha Send me lots of pictures though of the party and everything! I did see the yellow door, it is pretty yellow if you ask me!;) No it all looks good! Everything is getting changed up it sounds like at home! That is super cool to hear about Nick getting baptized, but what the freak is the deal with the missionaries? What were they doing? Something Elder Shumway and I came to a conclusion with is, Elders from UT always get sent outside of UT because they know how things work, people from other little places that go on missions get sent to UT so that they can see how things are supposed to be done and then when they return home they can try to run things like they should be ran. But that case sounds like it is just common sense, I sure hope they get jacked for that by someone because that is ridiculous. 
Well this week though was pretty good, we are having a super hard time finding new people to teach here in Brownsville though, our area isn't by our apartments, that area is super nice but that is actually the area of the Elders we live with. Our area is more towards the border, there are some nice areas and some pretty ghetto. Not many people are willing to listen to us here, one house we knocked on this older guy opened the door and says "WHY YOU HIT MY DOOR? I DON’T LIKE YOU!" then BOOM, shut the door, it was kinda funny though because the guy had a super strong accent and he said that in English. I did baptize a 14 yr old girl yesterday though that was supposed to be baptized a few weeks ago then backed out, so when I got here I told my comp I wanted to go back to her and we talked to her and then yesterday we had a great baptism for her! Also her mom has come to church with her the last two weeks and the whole family (family of 6) came to  church yesterday. After the baptism we sat down in the church with the whole family and talked to them about being baptized and now they have a date to all be baptized on the 31st of Aug. I am super excited for this family, they are what we call "temple builders" because they have a huge house and are very well off so when they pay tithing they will be "building temples!!" They are a cool family and I hope everything goes well with them these next few weeks. Things with my comp are alright, he is just a disobedient missionary at times and gets mad when we try to talk to him about it or anything. But who cares, I just tell him anyways because I don't really see us being really good pals when we get home;) Well the only other thing I can think of that happened this week is I was on exchanges with our District leader Elder Latanzio, he is from Argentina. and we were just driving down a road and we got this impression to stop and knock on this random door, it is the only door we knocked on the whole street and he came out and was like “dudes what’s up?” and told us the night before he had talked to his Gma saying he needs God more in his life and he steps out where he can look and see the sky and looks up and says “well thanks God for sending me my answer!” We just looked at each other and were like no way! We sat down with him and had a great lesson with him and he wants to get baptized on the 31st of Aug also. It was in Elder Latanzios area though and on Saturday that guy fed them and had another lesson with them and everything. Awesome guy and it was an awesome experience. But I hope every I hope you have a great week Kimbo, and I hope everything is going great? Anything new going on at home? I will write you a letter today and try to get it sent out, love you Mommy!
Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment