Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 21, 2014



Elder Johnson right on the border of USA and Mexico, next to the Rio Grand River
It rains hard in Texas!!

Sounds like you are staying busy at home! That is cool that those kids came and stayed with you guys from Ty’s mission. I hope I am able to do that too when I get home. That is funny about the rain, I will send you some picks about the rain actually, you wouldn’t believe the rain storms that hit down here!! They are something I have never seen before! They hit and they rain so unbelievably hard!! I got sent to work in this little area right right right on the border this last week and I have some pics I will send home of me right on the border! But they sent me and 3 other elders to work it just for the day, and it started raining so hard out of nowhere and we had walked a couple miles from the car already so we just kept working in the rain and I am pretty sure people thought we were absolutely crazy but that’s alright:) It was fun though and I took a bunch of pics of me swimming in the river that I will send:) The bishop here is still pretty angry with us and we have no idea what is going to happen with transfers this  next week, We had interviews with pres this last week, we have them every other transfer and I talked to him about bishop a little bit because he had already heard about what happened and he gave me a lot of good advice. Just basically to love him though. Pres Maluenda is awesome, and I am learning to try to have that Christ like love for everyone. He told me to just love bishop and to do whatever I can for him even though he just gets mad at us for it. It is crazy how fast time is flying right now but things are going good and wow the mission is an amazing thing. Things are hard sometimes but other times things are great but I am learning so much and I am so thankful for the experiences I am having. I am learning so much about the gospel and so much about life. I really do love my mission even though sometimes I don’t know if I love it or not. I hope you have a great week Kimbo, I am so thankful to have such an amazing mom. Te amo mucho!
Love, Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment