Monday, November 24, 2014

November 24, 2014

Laredo South Zone
 
 
 


Hey Kimbo,
How are you doing?? Ah man Judy promised us she would just send that video of us to you guys through a message! She said she wouldn’t post it for everyone to see! haha Yeah I have gotten one of Gmas packages and I got your little treat the other day, thank you for that!! I now have a couple sweaters so I should be doing great. I have like 5 pairs of pants so I am doing okay with them right now too. Yeah 34 x 34 is the right size now because I have put on a little weight:) I am at 184 right now, I weighed the other day because we had to get our flu shots. I haven’t seen Elder Shumway hardly at all since I left him which has kinda sucked, just here and there like twice. I think since I left him but we still stay in touch. He will be going home here in May and he told me he is going to come meet you guys when he gets home and he is going to meet up with you guys the day I get home at the airport! haha Well Ty has moved on now.. has he said why?? I haven’t heard from him in a while so I have no idea what is going through his head.. Man sounds like the Christmas tree wasn’t any fun!! There wasn’t any adventure to it!! That is always the fun part!! When I get home we will be going back up into the mtns to get the tree:) Yesterday was pretty fun, we went to J’s (recent Convert) and we set up their Christmas tree with them, and she fed us and then we made Ginger bread houses! She told us she has a stocking for each of us and that she is getting us all Christmas presents, she is such a cool lady and such a strong convert. She is so worried about transfers coming up though because its almost certain that at least one of us four here in Zapata will get transferred out. So she said she might be having a Christmas day with us before transfers because she wants it to be with us 4. I hope I stay mainly so I can spend Christmas morning with her and her family! We don’t have tons of members here in little Zapata but we have some of the coolest recent converts that we have baptized since I have been here. My first week in church here in Zapata in the apartment we had 8 people in church, that is including 4 missionaries and a senior missionary couple but these last few weeks we have been right around 40. It has been so cool seeing the church grow here in this little town. We were supposed to be having a baptism this last week but we are still waiting for our investigator to pay his probation off. Because he cant be on probation to be baptized and when we were teaching him he told us his probation officer said he can get off as soon as he pays $350. So hopefully he gets that paid this week so we can dunk him before transfers. Also we had a crazy storm this last week!! We were outside a little trailer teaching a lesson under this big mesquite tree and it started to rain so we decided to move to the other side of the trailer under a car port thing then all of the sudden the wind picked up and it started hailing, the hail was the size of like a quarter, I think that is the hardest I have ever seen wind blow in my life. Come to find out there were hurricane warnings and they thought it was going to be a hurricane for a while, anyways that big tree we were sitting under snapped and fell right where we were sitting and smashed the little trailer of our investigators pretty badly! Come to find out that there were a couple trailers in that area that had been blown over and there were trees laying all of the streets, so it took us a while to finally get out of that Medina area. So that was pretty exciting! haha but Everything is going good and we have another transfer coming up this next week so I will let you know what is going on next week! I love you Kimbo, espero que tenga una buena semana!!



Love, Elder Johnson

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment