Sunday, January 3, 2016

January 1, 2015

I honestly don’t have a whole lot to say, so I am just going to send some a bunch of pictures and tell you about the week a little. SO on New Years Eve, it is the one day that President lets us watch a movie all year and he chooses the movie we can watch. So this week I got to watch the Polar Express! It was a lot of fun, we went to a Chapel with like 30 other missionaries and we put it up on our projector and just watched it in the primary room. Before that we were up in Corpus Christi from Monday till Wednesday then came home, and when we were up in Corpus, we saw tons of snow geese!!! There isn’t anything really at all the gets me the slightest bit trunky except for seeing those snow geese, that did get me a little;) There were thousands of them the kept flying over us, so that was pretty cool! Here are some pictures of the baptisms we had this last week. The little kids are of a family that we just reactivated and they are such a great family. The kids are so awesome, and during the baptism my Companion, Elder Ivey, played the song "I know when I am baptized" on his guitar and the little girl in the white dress(Valeria) sang it and that is the first thing on my entire mission that has got me to cry.. it was so so dang cute and so sweet. She sang it so confidently and pretty much everyone in that room was crying after. Her mom lost it in the middle of the song, the kids mom was a really active member for a long time, but then got in a divorce and fell away from the church for the last 3 years, but we found them about two months ago and we have been working with them a lot and they are super strong now. The two guys we baptized are super cool also, they just crossed the border 4 weeks ago and we found them just a couple days after they crossed. The cool part about the baptism is that our recent convert (Anuer) baptized one of the guys! It was super cool to see him use his priesthood that he got just two weeks ago! That is pretty much it about the week though! Things here are going great, we are about to start a super crazy couple weeks, we have a meeting with all the leaders this next week here in McAllen, then after that we will be going around and having a meeting with all the zones where President will be interviewing every missionary individually while my comp and I give training to keep all the missionaries in the mean time. We will be doing training for like 6 or 7 hours at each zone so it will be pretty crazy these next few weeks!! I hope you have a great week! I love you guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment